Internships and Work Exchange
Freehold hosts a work exchange program for current Freehold students.
Positions are 4-hour shifts, at least once per week, in any of the following roles:
- Facilities Team
- Administration/Event Support
This is a critical role for Freehold Theatre, as it directly effects the day-to-day operation of the studio. Candidates chosen for the program will directly support a warm, welcoming and hygienic studio space for a thriving theatre community.
Benefits for being a part of the Work Exchange program:
- Earn $16 of Freehold credit for every hour worked – must commit to 4 hour shifts at least once per week per quarter for full class credit
- 50% off studio rentals during non-business hours (Mon-Thurs 6pm-10pm; Fri-Sun 9am-9pm).
Work-exchange staff must demonstrate respect, reliability, eagerness and accountability. To be eligible for the Freehold Theatre work-exchange program you must:
- Have attended at least 1 Freehold class in the past 12 months.
- Have weekday availability (exceptions made for marketing or event support positions)
- Be reliable, friendly and attentive to details
- Eager to help serve our community and help keep our studios sparkling clean!
- Must be able to commit to at least one 4 hour shift per week
If you meet this criteria, email the registrar with your resume, two references, and the preferred position at firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please understand that we may not be able to offer work-exchange positions to all who apply.
Applicants should have experience in cleaning and organization. Interns will be responsible for supporting janitorial staff with cleaning and organization of studio spaces and storage facilities. Interns may also assist Freehold’s Facilities Coordinator with organization of storage spaces.
Applicants must be comfortable using computers and Microsoft Office, as well as with filing and mailing. Tasks include flyer distribution, data entry, assisting with events, and other related tasks during office hours.
This position primarily consists of posting promotional content around Seattle, as well as online. Interns will assist the Marketing Associate with other marketing related tasks and projects. ***Previous social media marketing experience a plus, but not required.